Queens of the Green July event
I’m Getting Out From Behind My Computer… Will You Join Me?
Starting this spring, I’m trying something different.
I’m bringing together women in leadership and golf, for the fun of it – both on and off the course, creating the ‘Queens of the Green’ society.
‘Queens of the Green’ golf society is the perfect group for you if…
You’d like to take time out to have fun but you have too much on. You’d like to create relationships with like-minded others but you don’t know where or how to start… Networking feels contrived and the friends you have don’t really ‘get’ what you experience or how you feel.
Sitting behind your computer, concerned with all that needs to be done, juggling demands and tight timescales, is the moment you realize you are busy, but you feel a bit isolated.
A talented woman, your opportunity to have an impact others in the way you want to can be limited when you’re working in such an insular way. Your natural vibrance is being stifled and with it probably, your inspiration. You ask, who can I reach out to, to bounce around my ideas? Who will listen? Who will want to understand what I’m trying to do? Who would like me to listen to them? And then you realize you need to get out more, you need more ‘friends-with-business-benefits’… but where can you go?
Are you ready to ‘do business’ in a completely new way?
As part of a vibrant community?
Where YOU count, beyond what you do …as a whole person?
If you are, ‘Queens of the Green’ is a great new opportunity for you, because it’s where business and social life are being brought together:
- End your isolation and get out from behind that computer
- Receive a warm, friendly welcome
- Relax and revitalise yourself by meeting and mixing with like-minded women
from the working world
- Overcome any reluctance to creating new connections and getting to know other women by
having fun playing golf with them
- Build relationships: create a platform for deep collaboration in an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Get some fresh air, exercise and
- Most importantly, do what comes naturally… especially having a good laugh!
What you can expect:
A relaxing and restorative experience playing golf in the company of energizing and vibrant women, on Friday 19th July at Stonebridge Golf Club, Meriden, Warwickshire – centrally located right in the heart of England. It’s 13 miles from Birmingham, 8 miles from Coventry, and close to the M42 & M6 motorway networks.
Join us at 9.30 for coffee and a natter.
Then it’s either:
- Group lessons with the course golf professional from 10.00 – 12.00 (approx.) where you can
- take your first swing to give golf a go to see if it’s for you, or
- polish your skills if you’re familiar with the game
- BONUS: no equipment needed, clubs and balls for the lessons will be available (subject to booking confirmation)
- Group play, if you’re already a golfer. Take the opportunity to meet with other enthusiasts for a friendly game. Where appropriate, groups will be supported by a course golf professional.
- You will need to bring your own equipment to play
- Please specify your intention to play & we’ll organise it (subject to booking confirmation)
We’ll meet back together in the clubhouse at 12.00 (approx.) for tea/coffee and assorted sandwiches, and a good catch up, before heading off at leisure…
* An Added Bonus Experience: On July 19th – after lunch we’ll have the chance to hear from two Queens of the Green, Jan Jones & Karen Edgar, who’ll be demonstrating ‘Using Tarot in Business’ for those who want to hear more about it and experience it for themselves. There is no obligation to stay – it’s only for those who are interested.
All this for less than the cost of a massage.
What others are saying about it:
‘I can thoroughly recommend this as an innovative and fulfilling networking opportunity. Any women who want to meet other interesting, creative and authentic women will thoroughly enjoy this experience – regardless of their interest in golf!’
Anita Brock, independent coaching & training professional
‘This first meeting was friendly from the get go, with hugs all round. The women that she’d brought together were all phenomenal in their own right and a pleasure to spend time with. I’m looking forward to the next event.’
Angela Cripps, independent consultant to the recruitment industry
‘Karen put together an experience, that shook a few beliefs regarding (others) own golf ability and the mystery of golf in general – and consequently the bonding and magic started to happen, because Karen at made us feel so at ease. Wonderful morning – and looking forward to the next time!’
Karen Edgar, expert coach to female entrepreneurs
‘Karen has created a new approach to building business relationships in an authentic way, which is much more meaningful in today’s market. It was a success from the start, all the participants came with an open mind and the intention to enjoy the day…it was a fantastic experience…so much so I have invested in a some new golf attire and shoes in readiness for the next date…a definite date for the calendar. Highly recommended, thank you Karen.’
Jan Jones, business mentor and coach to entrepreneurs
Tickets and Pricing
The Standard Rate price for this full morning event, including the opportunity to get to know friendly and influential women, golf tuition, green fees (where applicable) and refreshments is £59 per person.
Limited places are available at a lower Introductory Rate price of just £49, which expires on 5th July 2013.
Will you come?
Yes, I want to attend the
Queens of the Green Golf Society
event on 19th July 2013